The corporate eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The company must be in excellent financial standing, demonstrate good business practices, and have successful operations in countries other than Canada. These operations must also be relevant to the company’s future branch or facility in British Columbia.
- The company must find investment opportunities that will benefit the business and provide it with a solid foundation to start and operate in British Columbia.
- The company must prove that the employees it plans to send to British Columbia are senior staff members who possess the qualifications to establish and run the business well in the province.
- The company must make an equity investment of $500,000 CAD or more to establish, buy, or expand its operations in British Columbia.
- The new company branch or facility must create three or more jobs for Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents for each foreign staff member that comes to the country under the program.
- There are no minimum company size or revenue requirements to apply for the Strategic Projects program.
- However, most companies who succeed under this program generally have a minimum of 150 staff members and a minimum annual revenue of $20 million CAD.
Please note: Certain types of businesses are not qualified to participate in this program. They include bed and breakfasts, home-based businesses, money-changing, and cash machine businesses, automated car washes, real estate development, and many others. See the BC PNP program website for the complete list.