The Express Entry BC International Graduate category is a pathway to Canada immigration for those who completed a program at an eligible Canadian university or college and want to apply their knowledge and skills to the benefit of the BC economy. This category can help you get a chance to stay in Canada and gain permanent residence in BC.
To be considered a provincial nominee under the international graduate category, you will need to meet the main requirements listed below:
- You need to meet the basic criteria for one of the Express Entry immigration programs (Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades). You must receive an Express Entry profile number and a job seeker validation code.
- You must have a valid, full-time, permanent job offer from a BC employer. The job title must be listed in a National Occupational Classification, and the occupation must be skill type 0 or skill level A or B.
- You must have graduated from a degree, diploma or certificate program from a qualifying post-secondary educational institution within the past three years.
- You need to qualify to work in your occupation.
- If your occupation is in NOC skill level B, you must meet minimum language requirements.
- The wage offered to you should be matched with the wage rates in your profession in BC.
- You need to prove that you can support yourself and your dependents while you’re settling in BC.
- You must be eligible to obtain legal immigration status in Canada.
The employer supporting your application for the BC provincial nomination should also meet the eligibility criteria. They should demonstrate decent business practices, have a good standing in BC, sign an employer declaration, fulfill the responsibilities towards your application.
Once you are ready, you will need to create a profile with the BC PNP online system. After you submit the registration information, you will be given a score based on your skills and job offer. Candidates with the highest ratings are selected by the BC PNP regularly and are invited to apply for Canada PR.