Prospective immigrants who would like to settle in British Columbia (B.C) can apply through the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Express Entry program. At Elaar Immigration Consulting, we provide immigration consultancy services to help applicants choose the right path towards settlement in Canada. Our immigration experts are always up to date with the latest B.C PNP Express Entry requirements and can help you each step of the way.
What is the B.C PNP Express Entry Program?
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program was aligned with Express Entry system when it was introduced in 2015 by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This program helps eligible applicants receive priority in processing their British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (B.C PNP) immigration application.
Prospective immigrants who wish to apply through this program will need to meet the province’s minimum requirements to be eligible for B.C PNP. Applicants can apply through one of the following streams:
- Skilled Workers
- Healthcare Professionals
- International Post Graduates
- International Graduates.
It should be noted that applicants must also be eligible through one of the existing federal immigration programs to apply through Express Entry. These programs are:
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trades
- Canadian Experience Class
B.C PNP Express Entry vs. B.C PNP Skills Immigration
The B.C PNP Express Entry program should not be confused with the B.C PNP Skills Immigration Program. Both these programs are popular with prospective immigrants that wish to settle in British Columbia. However, the B.C PNP Skills Immigration Program does not require applicants to be eligible through the federal immigration programs mentioned above. The B.C PNP Skills Immigration program also includes categories for Semi-Skilled and Unskilled Occupations classified under the NOC C & D skill levels.
General Requirements for B.C PNP Express Entry
To be eligible for the Express Entry B.C (EEBC), applicants must meet some general requirements. This includes:
- Meeting the criteria for any one of the federal economic immigration programs mentioned above.
- Acquiring a valid Express Entry profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code from IRCC, in addition to indicating their interest in settling in B.C.
- Receiving a nomination through one of the B.C PNP Express Entry categories.
It is vital for all applicants to ensure that they meet the B.C PNP’s minimum criteria and one of the federal economic immigration programs before they apply. Applicants will also need to pay an $1150 application fee along with their online application before it can be processed.
To be eligible for the B.C PNP Express Entry program, applicants must meet the following employment requirements. This includes:
- Having accepted a full-time employment offer from a B.C employer in an eligible occupation within B.C.
- Being qualified for the position they are offered. The BC PNP follows the National Occupation Code (NOC) classification, WorkBC and or industry standards in determining qualifications for an occupation position.
- Being offered a wage rate that is competitive with B.C wage rates for the same occupation.
An applicant’s employment must also contribute to:
- Sustaining or producing jobs for Canadians.
- Transferring skills and knowledge to Canadians.
- Supporting new product development.
- Growing the workforce via major projects.
Minimum Income Requirements
Applicants applying through any of the BC PNP Express Entry streams with the exception of the International Post-Graduate category must demonstrate they meet the minimum income requirements. These requirements are related to:
- Their annual wage in British Columbia.
- The location of their residence in British Columbia.
- The number of dependents with them.
The B.C PNP requires applicants to meet their minimum family income requirements. This income is the applicant’s regular gross annual wage from their B.C employer. If the applicant’s spouse or common-law partner possesses a valid work permit or employment authorization, their income will be added when calculating the total family income.
The family income threshold for the Greater Vancouver Regional District and the rest of B.C are shown in the following table.
|Minimum Family Income Requirements|
|Family Size||Greater Vancouver Regional District||Rest of B.C|
|7 or more||$60,350||$50,296|
Applicants are required to meet the minimum language requirements outlined by IRCC. Language skills can be proved by taking one of the approved language tests. This includes:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in the General Training category.
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General)
- Test d’évaluation de français (TEF)
The minimum score that is required for each of these tests is shown in the following table:
|Minimum Language Score Requirements|
Language test scores are valid for a total of two years from their issuance date. Applicants must have a valid language test score ready when they apply for Express Entry B.C.
Enhance Your B.C PNP Express Entry Application with Elaar Immigration
Prospective immigrants who wish to apply through the B.C PNP Express Entry program can enhance their application and boost their odds of success by using immigration consulting services from Elaar Immigration. Our immigration professionals have helped numerous immigrants settle in B.C through this program. They understand the application process’s ins and outs and can help you optimize your immigration application with minimal challenges.
Please get in touch with Elaar Immigration Consulting to get started with your B.C PNP Express Entry application, or visit one of the pages below to learn more about each B.C PNP Express Entry stream.