BC PNP program offers those who have earned a graduate degree from a qualifying BC institution an opportunity to obtain Canada PR through the International Post-Graduate category. This category is designed for specialists in the sectors of technology, healthcare and applied sciences. If you are willing to pursue a BC provincial nomination under this category, you don’t need a job offer to apply.
To be eligible for the British Columbia PNP as an international post-graduate, you must have obtained a master’s or doctorate (Ph.D.) degree in one of the following disciplines:
- biological and biomedical sciences
- computer and information sciences and support services
- engineering technology
- health professions and related clinical sciences
- mathematics and statistics
- natural resources conservation and research
- physical sciences
The list of eligible educational institutions for this category consists of:
- Private post-secondary institutions:
- New York Institute of Technology
- Northeastern University
- Trinity Western University
- Public post-secondary institutions:
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Royal Roads University
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Victoria
Please check the official BC PNP website for more details on the acceptable programs of study. If your program and educational institution are not on the list, you won’t be able to apply under the international post-graduate category. However, you might qualify to apply under the international graduate category instead.
Other eligibility criteria include:
- Your degree must have been earned from one of the eligible post-secondary institutions in BC within the last three years.
- You must be suitable for legal Canada immigration.
- You need to show your desire and ability to stay in BC permanently.
To start your application process, you will need to create a profile through the online BC PNP system. In the international post-graduate category, you can apply for permanent residence directly via BC PNP.