“Is there any special PNP for Truck Drivers in Canada?”
Yes, there are several PNP options available for different types of truck drivers, mostly under the NOC 7511. Provinces like British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Alberta have added 7511 – Transport truck drivers, to their high-demand occupations lists.
Truck drivers are the backbone of Canada’s economy. Even though they make up only around 5% of the population, they contribute a significant amount to Canada’s GDP. Being able to deliver goods across Canada is a very important aspect of Canada’s economy that needs support in order to grow.
Are you a truck driver looking for the right PNP program? If yes then keep reading and find out the top 7 PNP Options for truck drivers in Canada.
1. BC PNP for Truck Drivers (ELSS)
You can apply for the Entry-Level and Semi-skilled category of BC PNP for truck drivers. British Columbia invites candidates to apply for this category roughly every two weeks. The majority of the candidates under this category fall under NOC 7511. In order to obtain permanent residence as a truck driver under British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Intention to Live in BC.
- Economic Benefit to British Columbia.
- Minimum Language Requirements (CLB 4).
- Valid Immigration Status in Canada.
- Signed job offer letter for full-time employment.
- High school diploma from inside or outside Canada.
- Two years of work experience as a Long-haul truck driver in the last three years.
2. Saskatchewan Truck Driver PNP
SINP Long-Haul Truck Driver Project is a unique program under Saskatchewan PNP for truck drivers. Long-haul truck drivers are allowed to drive for up to 11 hours. However, the driver must stop for at least 30 minutes after eight hours of driving. If you want to apply for SINP as a long-haul truck driver you must:
- Have a temporary work permit for at least 6 months.
- A positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada must be required for the permit.
- The trucking firm you work for must be approved by the Saskatchewan government.
- A full-time, permanent position.
- Have a Saskatchewan Class 1A license.
- Meet the minimum Language Proficiency level of CLB 4 or higher.
- Have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter.
Did you know: There has been a shortage of truckers since 2021, and employers cannot hire them fast enough. This is why transport truck drivers come under high-demand occupation across Canada.
3. New Brunswick Truck Driver PNP
The NBPNP has created a pathway tailored for NOC 7511 that helps employers to support new drivers. This special PNP for truck drivers program comes under the New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream and is effective from March 1, 2022.
The Guide for New Brunswick Transport Truck Drivers outlines the eligibility requirements that truck drivers and businesses must satisfy.
4. Nova Scotia PNP for Truck Drivers
You can move to Nova Scotia permanently as a truck driver through the Occupations in Demand stream under NS PNP. Also, transport truck drivers have high demand in the Nova Scotian Labour Market. You are eligible to apply under this category if you:
- possess a full-time, permanent job offer from an employer in Nova Scotia
- 21 and 55 years old
- have 1 year of work experience related to the job
- possess a high school diploma
- possess the necessary training, skills, and/or accreditation for the position;
- have a CLB Level 4 language proficiency
- sufficient financial resources to live comfortably in Nova Scotia.
5. PNP for Truck Drivers in Ontario
OINP In-Demand Skills Stream helps truck drivers to live and work in Canada. It is open to foreign workers in and outside of Canada. These are the eligibility requirements for truck drivers to apply for PNP in Ontario:
- A job offer with a full-time and permanent position.
Expression of interest and invitation to apply
- At least 9 months of full-time work experience while legally living and working in Ontario in the three years prior to application submission.
- Must have Ontario’s driver’s license during 9 months’ experience.
- Minimum Language Proficiency CLB 4 or higher.
- At least completed a high school diploma or credential, or it is equivalent in another country (ECA required for foreign education).
- Intention to live in Ontario
- Legal status in Canada (if applicable)
6. Manitoba PNP for Truck Drivers
Trucking companies in Manitoba can hire a certain amount of qualified long-haul truck drivers under the MPNP Employer Direct Pathway. Long-haul truck drivers must satisfy all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be within 21-50 years of age;
- Have at least secondary school credentials
- Minimum 3 years of continuous trucking experience within the past 5 years.
- Proof of work experience (reference letters, pay deposits, financial transactions, and/or income tax returns to show the entire period of declared employment);
- Minimum CLB 5 language level
- Sufficient funds to establish in Canada;
- In-person or video interview, verification by the employer; and
- Details of immigration representatives involved in the recruitment process (LMIA, temporary work permits, MPNP process).
7. PEI PNP Workforce Category
Prince Edward Island’s PEI PNP Workforce Category allows truck drivers to apply for Canadian permanent residence. Applying for PEI Occupations in Demand requires that you:
- have a full-time, permanent work offer from a PEI employer that is not seasonal.
- possess at least a year’s worth of relevant work experience;
- aged from 18 to 59;
- possess a secondary school diploma (high school), at the very least;
- provide a legitimate language test outcome from an IRCC-approved testing facility with a minimum rating of
- CLB/NCLC level 4 for language proficiency;
- have enough money to cover your and your family’s entire immigration charges, including travel expenditures.
- the ability for a family to settle in PEI; and
- intention to settle in Prince Edward Island.
We help transport truck drivers to permanently move to Canada. You can contact our experts for detailed info. Our licensed and regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants have many years of experience. We can help you with your, temporary foreign work permit, PNP Process and permanent residence process.