BC PNP Entrepreneur Regional Pilot Requirements
Prospective entrepreneur applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the BC PNP Regional Pilot Program:
Work Experience (within the last 5 years)
- Minimum of 3+ years of work experience in a business ownership role.
- Alternatively, you must possess at least 4 years of work experience in a senior management role.
- A combination of 1 year of business ownership + and 2 years of senior management experience is also acceptable.
- Applicants must gain this work experience within the last five years
Applicants must possess a net worth of at least $300,000 CAD.
Applicants must invest a minimum of $100,000 CAD.
- Applicants must possess a post-secondary education credential such as a degree or diploma from a University or College.
- They can bypass this requirement if they have worked as a business owner for three years in the last five years with 100% ownership of the business.
Applicants must submit a business proposal to start their new business in the province. This proposal also helps them receive a referral from the community.
Business Ownership Amount
Applicants must possess a 51% or greater ownership share in the business.
The business must create one or more full-time jobs for Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents.
The business must be created in one of the communities participating in the EI Regional Pilot program.
Applicants are required to complete an exploratory visit to the community for support before completing their registration.
Applicants must demonstrate their fluency in English or French by scoring a minimum CLB 4 on a language test.
They must submit valid proof of their language proficiency when registering for the BC PNP Regional Pilot Program.