BC PNP Entry-Level and Semi-Skilled Category is a special immigration pathway for applicants who fall under the specific ELSS-eligible occupations list.
BC PNP ELSS Category Requirements
Prospective skilled worker applicants must meet the following requirements to qualify for the BC PNP ELSS stream:
1. General Requirements
These are the common eligibility requirements that apply to all BC PNP Skills Immigration categories, includes:
- Intention to Live in BC
- Economic Benefit to British Columbia
- Minimum Language Requirements (CLB 4)
- Valid Immigration Status in Canada
There are some additional requirements if you have a job offer.
2. Job Offer
Applicants must possess a signed job offer letter for full-time employment in a National Occupation Code (NOC) level C and D occupation that also falls under the specific ELSS-eligible occupations list.
4. Work Experience
- Applicants must have worked in an ELSS-eligible occupation for the employer supporting their application for a minimum of nine months.
- Long-haul truck drivers applying through this program must have obtained two years of work experience in the last three years.
5. Proof of Minimum Income
Applicants must offer proof that they have earned income above a certain threshold in the past. This minimum annual income requirement is $26,426 CAD if their job is in Metro Vancouver Regional District. This requirement is $22,024 CAD if their job is in other parts of British Columbia.
The occupations that qualify under the ELSS are listed below:
- Travel and accommodation occupations
- 6525 Hotel front desk clerks
- Tour guides, recreational guides, and casino occupations
- 6531 Tour or travel guides
- 6532 Outdoor sports or recreational guides
- 6533 Casino occupations
- Occupations in food and beverage service
- 6511 Maîtres d’hotel and hosts/hostesses
- 6512 Bartenders
- 6513 Food and beverage servers
- 6711 Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers, or related occupations
- Cleaners hired by hotels or resorts
- 6731 Light duty cleaners
- 6732 Specialized cleaners
- 6733 Janitors, caretakers, or building superintendents
- 6721 Support occupations in accommodation, travel, or facilities setting up services
- Other service occupations hired by hotels or resorts
- 6741 Dry cleaning, laundry, or related occupations
- 6742 Other service support occupations
- Food processing
- 9461 Process control operators, machine operators, and food or beverage processing
- 9462 Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, or related workers
- 9463 Fish or seafood plant workers
- 9465 Testers or graders, food, beverage, or associated products processing
- 9617 Labourers in food, beverage, or related products processing
- 9618 Labourers in fish or seafood processing
- Long-haul truck drivers
- 7511 Long-haul truck drivers
- Occupations in healthcare
- 3413 Nurse aides, orderlies, or patient service associates
- 3411 Dental assistants