Alberta Provincial Nominee Program

Mountains, prairies and Alberta community.


Individuals coming to Canada to engage in international business activities generally don’t need a work permit as they are not entering the labour market. These people would be attending meetings or conferences, providing after-sales service, or are engaging in training Canadian employees. If you can prove you are coming to engage in work like this, you don’t need to apply for a work permit, but may still need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization.


These individuals must demonstrate that they won’t be staying in Canada more than six month, won’t be entering the Canadian labour market, work primarily outside of Canada and meet Canada’s basic entry requirements