Alberta Provincial Nominee Program

Mountains, prairies and Alberta community.


Generally, the first requirement to studying in Canada is obtaining a study permit. Other documents like Temporary Resident Visas may be required to study in Canada. To apply for a study permit you will need a letter of acceptance from a designated Canadian educational institution, have a criminal and background record check as well as a medical exam and proof of funds to cover tuition, living expenses and return transportation. Additionally you must prove that you will leave Canada (or apply for a post-graduate work permit) after the study permit expires.

Be sure to apply for your study permit as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance as processing times aren’t guaranteed. You will receive your study permit when you present your TRV or eTA upon arriving in Canada.