Immigrate to Manitoba, Canada through Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). Check eligibility by completing your free assessment now.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
MANITOBA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM
Manitoba may be a prairie, but that doesn’t mean its bone dry. There are more than 100,000 lakes and waterways in the province making for some beautiful spots for relaxing and getaways. It’s been touted as having the best summer in Canada so makes for a wonderful province to raise a family. Manitoba has deep and varied cultural roots from the early French settlers, original First Nations peoples and numerous historic European settlers. In fact the community social (dance and get-together) is still a common occurrence in Manitoba. Weather can be severe in the province with hot long summers and cold winters, but those who live there say it’s easy to get used to. The economy here is described as one of the strongest in Canada with drivers like construction, agriculture and manufacturing. In-demand occupations fall into a wide range of industries in business and finance, health and sciences, service, trades and manufacturing.
Manitoba’s Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is based on an “Expression of Interest” system for the Skilled Worker Streams so that potential immigrants answer a questionnaire, receive a score based on those answers and are placed into the immigration pool. Those with the highest-ranking scores will be invited to submit their application to the Manitoba PNP.
If you like the idea of living among the spaces of Manitoba’s prairie, water and people, we can help determine which of the immigration streams is right for you.
The MPNP for Skilled Workers is locally driven and based on the needs of Manitoba employers. Internationally trained and experienced workers are selected who have the skills needed in the local labor market, and nominate them to receive Canadian permanent resident visas to settle and work in Manitoba. There are two streams:
- The Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream is an Expression of Interest System. Those living and working in the province can be nominated if they want to make an immediate and ongoing contribution to the Manitoba economy. The two pathways under this stream are Manitoba Work Experience Pathway and the Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway. An applicant must meet all minimum requirements for this stream and there is no scoring – it is a pass/fail system.
- The Skilled Worker Overseas Stream ties into the federal Express Entry program and priority is given to applicants with an established connection to Manitoba such as family connections, language proficiency, training and experience in in-demand jobs. The two pathways under this points-based stream are Manitoba Express Entry Pathway and the Human Capital Pathway. To be eligible under this stream applicants must meet minimum criteria and score a minimum of 60 out of 100 points.
- The Business Investor stream is for those qualified business investors and entrepreneurs who are able to start, or purchase, a business or farm within 24 months of arriving in Canada.
- The Entrepreneur Pathway is for those seeking to open a business in Manitoba
- The Farm Investor Pathway is for those intending to establish and operate a farm in rural Manitoba
- Manitoba graduates may be eligible for the International Education stream which includes the Career Employment Pathway. This pathway is dedicated to providing international students graduating in Manitoba and meeting the needs of industry faster times to a nomination. Open November 2018.
- The Morden Community Driven Immigration Initiative is based out of Morden Manitoba, about 112 kilometers southwest of Winnipeg. The rural town is actively looking for new immigrants in certain occupations and is recruiting through the Manitoba PNP.