Eligibility Requirements for New Brunswick Skilled Worker
This stream provides a fantastic opportunity if you have already been staying and working or studying in the province. If you cannot fulfil all criteria under the federal Express system, the NB Skilled Worker program may help you get permanent resident status as this stream is not aligned with Express Entry.
You must fulfil specific requirements for every NB Skilled Worker Stream stage, including registration, application and nomination. You will need to meet multiple eligible criteria, such as age, language, job offer, work experience, education, etc., along with a score of a minimum of 60 points in the selection factors to be considered for nomination by GNB.
- Job Offer: You must have a permanent, full-time job offer from a recognized New Brunswick employer. The NOC TEER Category of the work experience must be equal to or greater than the NOC TEER Category of the job offer.
- Language Proficiency: Your language score in either English or French is equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.
- Level of Education: You must have a minimum of a high school diploma or an international diploma equivalent to the Canadian credential.
- Work Experience: You must have a full-time, permanent job from a New Brunswick-based employer.
- Age: You must be between 19 and 55 years old.
- Point Assessment Grid: You must score at least 60 points out of 100 in the NB Skilled Worker Points Assessment Grid.
- No new ITAs will be issued for Food Service Supervisors, Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers and related occupations.
- If you are an out-of-province or international candidate whose employment is in NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4, you will not be issued an ITA.
NB Skilled Worker Application Process
Expression of Interest (EOI) Submission under the NB Skilled Worker Stream:
Step 1: Registration
- Register via the INB Portal.
- Complete your Candidate Profile Information.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
Step 2: Selection and Submission
- Select your New Brunswick Connection and complete all screening questions related to Language, Education, Work Experience, Adaptability, etc.
- Calculate your score, validate it, and submit your EOI.
- You will receive an acknowledgement receipt of your EOI in your Notification Centre.
Step 3: Application Submission
- Submit your application after receiving your Invitation to Apply (ITA).
Step 4: Provincial Nomination and Federal Application
- If your application is approved, you will receive a provincial nomination.
- Following this, you must submit a federal application for permanent residence in Canada.
How Does ELAAR Guide You?
We’re experts in the New Brunswick Skilled Worker stream and help people achieve their immigration goals. We’ll assist you with all the necessary documents and online submissions for this sub-category. We keep up-to-date with the latest information and understand the details of the immigration process. Plus, we work with honesty, openness, and ethical practices.