As the largest of the maritime provinces, New Brunswick, which makes up part of Atlantic Canada, is known for having the highest tides in the world in the Bay of Fundy. Interestingly, no part of New Brunswick is more than 180 km from the ocean. It’s a bilingual province where both French and English are spoken by the more than 770,000, friendly, welcoming residents who enjoy a simple, basic lifestyle. New Brunswick takes much influence from both the province of Quebec and the United States as it borders Quebec on the northwest side and the United States on the southwest. It is a heavily forested province with a significant amount of wildlife like moose and bears.
The largest urban centers in the province are Moncton and Saint John (as well as the province’s capital of Fredericton) with Moncton being a central point for transportation and distribution facilities. Saint John is known for natural resource industries, a nuclear power plant, and shipping. The service industry (including trades, health care, and social assistance) employs the majority of residents with others in construction and manufacturing. The in-demand occupations in New Brunswick are industrial mechanics and electricians, IT professionals, accounting professionals, those in retail and business and others.
Under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) qualified business people and skilled workers from around the world who will live in New Brunswick and contribute to the local economy are selected and nominated. The NBPNP accepts applications under the following categories which we can help you navigate to determine the best fit:
- The Express Entry Labour Market Stream allows the NBPNP to use the federal Express Entry immigration selection system to meet New Brunswick’s specific labor market and demographic needs. This stream operates under an ‘Expression of Interest’ model.
- The Skilled Workers with Employer Support category is for individuals who have received a full-time, permanent job offer from a New Brunswick employer.
- The Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream is for individuals who have graduated from a recognized academic institution in New Brunswick, and have started or acquired a business in the province.
- The Entrepreneurial Stream is for individuals who plan to own and actively manage a business in New Brunswick. Applicants are expected to make a monetary investment in the business.
- New Brunswick Succession Connect is a new immigration pilot program to match immigrants with established businesses. It will provide opportunities for new immigrants seeking business investments, as well as for local business owners who would like to pass on their enterprises to business-minded newcomers to New Brunswick.