Eligibility Requirements for NLPNP Express Entry Skilled Worker
To be eligible, you must submit a profile to Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Express Entry pool of qualified candidates. You must provide the Express Entry Profile Number (E plus nine digits) and a job seeker validation code (four digits) from IRCC.
There are three programs under Express Entry, and based on your eligibility and requirements, you can apply to any one of the three programs:
TEER level 0, 1, 2 and 3 job offers are eligible under the NLPNP Express Entry- Skilled Worker. Details of the standard requirement for overseas skilled work under each TEER level are as follows:
- TEER level 0: Management Occupations
- TEER level 1: Occupations that usually require a university degree
- TEER level 2: Occupations that typically require a college diploma & apprenticeship training or two or more years.
- TEER level 3: Occupations that usually require a college diploma & apprenticeship training of less than two years.
Work Experience: You must have at least one year or twelve months of experience in the job or job offer submitted to the Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism (OIM). You must provide documentation for all work experience declared in IRCC’s Express Entry pool.
Language Proficiency: The minimum official language proficiency depends on your assessed NOC:
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 7 for Regulated Occupation
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 6 for Compulsory Trades
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 5 for all other NOC TEER 0, 1, 2 0r 3 occupations
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 4 for semi-skilled occupations (NOC TEER 4 or 5)
Education: You must have completed a post-secondary education and training program from a nationally or provincially recognized institution or regulatory body. You should also show at least one year of post-secondary education or training.
Age: You must be between 18-55 years old at the time of submission.
- You must demonstrate your intent to live in Newfoundland and Labrador province and contribute to the community.
- You must demonstrate the strong support of a relative or a close friend who has lived in Newfoundland and Labrador for a minimum of 1-year.
- You must hold a valid Invitation to Apply (ITA) issued by the NLPNP.
How Does ELAAR Guide You?
- Experienced and Reliable: With a decade of experience in the Canadian immigration sector, we have an outstanding track record. We are sincere in our approach and strive to turn your dream into reality.
- Authorized and Licensed: We are an authorized and licensed immigration consultant, ensuring a trustworthy and professional service.
- Step-by-Step Guidance: We provide step-by-step guidance to complete your process, making it easier for you to navigate the immigration pathway.
- Transparency and Safety: We maintain transparency in our process and ensure the safety of your documentation and online processing.
- Thorough Evaluation: We evaluate each case multiple times before submission to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Personalised Approach: We evaluate your qualifications and skills and find a leeway to get a better chance of permanent residence in the designated community.
FAQ: NLPNP Express Entry Skilled Worker Stream
What is the NLPNP Express Entry Skilled Worker Stream?
This stream is designed for individuals with skills and experience targeted by the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. It allows the province to nominate candidates from the federal Express Entry pool who meet specific criteria.
Who is eligible for this stream?
Eligible candidates must have a profile in the federal Express Entry system and meet the criteria set by Newfoundland and Labrador. Generally, candidates should have a job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer, relevant work experience, necessary qualifications, and meet other specified requirements.
What are the benefits of being nominated through this stream?
Nomination through this stream can significantly enhance an applicant’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, leading to an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence during Express Entry draws.
Do I need a job offer to apply through this stream?
While having a job offer can be beneficial, it’s not always mandatory. However, applicants with a job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer in a skilled occupation may receive priority.