On April 2, 2020, Saskatchewan updated the processing time of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) based on average times from January 1 to March 31, 2020. Here are the summary pointers:
- In the International Skilled Worker category the processing time in the Employment Offer stream is 4 weeks.
- In the Occupation In-Demand stream it is 21 weeks.
- In the Express Entry stream it is 20 weeks.
- In the Saskatchewan Experience category the processing time in the Existing Work Permit Stream, the International Students stream, for the Health Professionals stream, and the Truck Drivers stream is 3 weeks.
- In the Entrepreneur and Farm category the processing time for the Entrepreneur Applications is 14 weeks.
- For Entrepreneurs Nominations it is 18 weeks.
- The Job Approval Process, the authorization for an employer to hire a foreign worker through the SINP takes 9 weeks.
As for the Hospitality Workers stream, SINP processed too few applications during this period to calculate a representative processing time. The processing times show the average time for 80% of applications to be processed. Saskatchewan also notified that processing times in the coming months may take a longer time, due to the impact of the COVID-19 crisis.