Skip to main content

International students can apply for post-graduation work permits (PGWP) after studying in Canada for 1-3 years. This is an open work permit and international students can work for any employer. The IRCC has requirements for school and study time. First, international students must graduate from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI) and have studied in Canada for at least 8 months.

After graduating from a major of 2 years or more, they can get a 3-year work permit. The PGWP is a vital part of student immigration to Canada. Some provinces have specific provincial streams aimed at international graduates who studied in those provinces or international graduates who started a business in the province. Education is often considered the safest pathway to permanent residence in Canada.

Leave a Reply