Eligibility Criteria for Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
The NTNP consists of three streams:
NTNP Employer-Driven Stream
This stream supports employers in retaining foreign nationals who meet the program eligibility criteria. To be considered eligible, foreign nationals must:
- Have legal status to work and hold a valid work permit if currently residing in Canada.
- The intention is to settle permanently in the Northwest Territories.
- Work in a NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 occupations.
- Have a temporary work permit and have worked in the same position for 6 months.
- Show sufficient financial or settlement support in the NWT.
- Have the required work experience for the occupation.
- Have the ability to conduct essential communication in the official language of the workplace.
NTNP Francophone Stream
This stream is specifically designed to assist employers in addressing labour shortages that local, permanent residents or Canadian citizens cannot fill. It allows eligible foreign nationals proficient in French and English and have a valid job offer from a Northwest Territories employer to apply to the program. It aims to increase the labour pool for bilingual workers across all National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER categories (TEER 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5). This ensures a diverse and skilled workforce that can contribute to the region’s economic growth.
NTNP Business Stream
This stream is also part of the NTNP and is designed for individuals who plan to start a business or invest in and operate an established company in the Northwest Territories. This stream aims to attract entrepreneurial talent to the region and boost its economic growth.
How can ELAAR guide you?
Our team of experts is committed to assisting candidates with all types of documentation and online submissions for the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP). We take pride in our years of experience and professional expertise in navigating complex situations.
We keep our clients informed throughout the immigration process by providing updates, addressing concerns, and offering reassurance. Our dedication lies in making your journey to the Northwest Territories as smooth as possible.