Eligibility Requirements for NSNP Skilled Worker Stream
The NSNP Skilled Worker Stream includes three categories of occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
- Skilled Workers: This category is for experienced individuals and includes occupations classified as NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3.
- Semi-skilled Workers: This category includes occupations classified as NOC TEER 4. Applicants must have at least six months of work experience with a Nova Scotia employer supporting their permanent residence application.
- Low-skilled Workers: This category includes occupations classified as NOC TEER 5. Applicants must have at least six months of work experience with a Nova Scotia employer supporting their permanent residence application.
Who Can Apply?
Immigration through the NSNP Skilled Worker Stream requires:
- A permanent, full-time job offer from a Nova Scotia employer.
- The offered job must be for an occupation that a Canadian citizen or permanent resident cannot fill.
- Applications under TEER categories 0, 1, 2, or 3 of the NOC are highly prioritized.
- Applications under TEER category 4 or 5 positions will be considered if they meet all the eligibility criteria and there is a demand for labour in the province.
- International Graduates working under a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) are also eligible to apply under this stream, but the job offer must be a minimum level of TEER 4 category.
- Job Offer Letter: You must have a permanent, full-time job offer from a Nova Scotia employer with a job prescription that a Canadian citizen or permanent resident cannot fill.
- Education: You must have at least a Canadian high school diploma or equivalent and possess the required skills, training, and accreditation (if necessary) for the position.
- Experience: You must have at least 12 months of work experience related to the job offered in the five years before the application is placed.
- Age: You must be between 21 and 55 at the time of application.
- Language Proficiency: You must have the minimum official language proficiency equal to CLB 5 for TEER 0, 1, 2 and 3 level positions or CLB 4 for TEER 4 and 5 positions, provided the first language is NOT English or French.
- Adaptability and Intention: You must show sufficient financial resources for successful immigration in Nova Scotia. You must also provide a literal intention to settle in Nova Scotia.
- Receive a formal provincial nomination from the Nova Scotia Province: If you meet the criteria for the NSNP Skilled Worker Stream, you will receive a nomination certificate through email, and the certificate has a validity of 6 months with effect from the date of nomination.
- Apply for Permanent Residence: You can apply for a permanent resident visa to IRCC, and you will get processed within the standard time.
NSNP Skilled Worker stream: Application Process
To apply for the NSNP Skilled Worker stream, you must follow a four-step process:
- Stage 1: Submit a complete application form online or through mail.
- Stage 2: Assessment of applications for eligibility and completeness will be evaluated by NSOI.
- Stage 3: Successful applications are further processed and nominated. (You may also be able to obtain or extend a Temporary Work Permit (TWP), which will allow you to work in Canada during the permanent residence application procedure)
- Stage 4: After receiving the nomination certificate, you can apply to IRCC for permanent residence within a six-month period.
How Does ELAAR Guide You?
We have the necessary experience and expertise in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Skilled Worker Stream and are committed to helping deserving candidates reach their goals.
Immigration documentation is a comprehensive process, and we assist with all kinds of documentation and online submissions for the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Skilled Worker Stream. We stay updated with the latest changes and understand the subtleties of the immigration process.
Above all, we operate with integrity, transparency, and ethical practices. Our aim is to provide a smooth and efficient immigration experience for our clients.