Eligibility Requirements for OINP Employer Job Offer – In-Demand Skills
Who Can Apply?
- Candidates must have legal status to work and have a valid work permit.
- Candidates with approved job offers as permanent positions.
- Work experience of at least nine months in TEER categories 4 and 5.
- Language proficiency test with the minimum of CLB Level 4 or higher.
- Candidates must have a clear intention to reside.
Job Offer Requirements
You must have a valid job offer in Ontario from an employer that meets the following requirements:
- Full-time and permanent: You must have a job offer with a full-time and permanent position.
- Eligible Occupation: The workplace for your position can be in any location in Ontario and must be in the TEER category 4 or 5.
- Median wage level: You must receive a wage rate equal to or greater than the median wage level that the employer currently pays in that region of Ontario.
- The position is urgently necessary to the employer’s business: The job offer must be in the position required to meet the employer’s companies and should align with the existing business domain.
- Work-based in Ontario: The workplace of your job offer must primarily be in Ontario.
Along with the specific features of the job offer for the position, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Expression of interest invitation to apply: You must receive an invitation to apply and complete the application procedure within the specified time limit with all the necessary qualifications for the position.
- Work Experience: You must have a cumulative work experience of at least nine months in Ontario in the same in-demand occupation listed in the NOC category. This work experience should be earned three years before the application submission date.
- Valid licence or other authorization: You must possess a valid licence or authorization from a distinguished regulatory body in Ontario if the job offer requires it mandatorily.
- Language: You must undergo language tests in English or French with a Canadian Language Benchmark Level of 4 or higher.
- Education: You must have a secondary school (high school) diploma or credential or equivalent in another country. Foreign nationals who have completed studies outside Canada must have a secondary school (high school) diploma equivalent to a Canadian high school diploma, with a valid report issued by Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), Canada.
The Employer Job Offer- In-Demand Skills stream requires the employer to meet specific criteria for a valid job offer issued to foreign workers:
- The employer must participate in the current business activity for at least three years before submission of your application.
- The employer must accrue a gross annual revenue that meets the requirement for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- The employer must have at least THREE or FIVE full-time employees working in the location at the time of application submission.
- You must have an “Employer Form” approved by the employer to validate the position.