Eligibility Requirements for PEI PNP International Graduate (Labour Impact)
Who Can Apply?
- Candidates who possess a valid work permit and legal status in Canada.
- Candidates with approved job offers.
- Work experience of at least two years under NOC-listed jobs.
- Language proficiency – minimum of CLB/NLCC 4 or completed PEIW-02.
Eligibility Required for Applicants
The Prince Edward Island (PEI) Labour Impact category under International Graduates stream requires the following eligibility criteria for international graduates:
- Education: You must hold a post-secondary degree or diploma from a recognized PEI post-secondary institution and a work permit
- Employment: You must possess a job offer with a full-time, permanent, or at least two-year job from a PEI employer in the NOC TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3.
- Work Experience: You must have at least two years of full-time work experience or applicable education credentials in the past five years.
- Age: You must be between 18 and 59 years of age.
- Language: For highly skilled occupations in TEER categories 0, 1, 2, or 3, the language proficiency test (either in English or French) must complete PEIW-02. Minimum language proficiency score of CLB/NCLC 4 for job category under TEER 4 or 5 valid for two years.
- Adaptability: You must provide reasons for establishing the region with sufficient funds to cover all the expenses.
- Labour Impact: You must score at least 50 points on the Labour Impact Self-Assessment.
PEI Employer Requirements
The PEI employer under the International Graduates stream needs to ensure the following conditions:
- Job Offer: The employer must offer a full-time and permanent job or a job of a minimum length of two years.
- Alignment with Applicant’s Eligibility: The job offer must align with the applicant’s eligibility and potential to perform the job to the standard of their education, training, and work experience.
- Wage Rate and Job Offer: The wage rate and job offer must match the terms and conditions of work standards prescribed by federal and provincial regions.
- Compliance with Laws: The job offer must not contradict the current rules and laws for industrial relations or employment disputes.
- Work Location: The location of work must be in PEI.
- License or Accreditation: If required by the employer, you must hold a license or accreditation for verification of the job offer.
Application Process for PEI PNP International Graduate Stream
You can apply for the PEI Labour Impact Category under the International Graduates stream anytime. You must ensure that your documents, including your work permit, language proficiency test results, etc., remain valid for the application process. The application procedure involves the following stages:
- Check Your Eligibility: Check your eligibility for the PEI Labour Impact Category under the international graduate stream before submitting the Expression of Interest (EOI) profile.
- Submit EOI Profile: On meeting eligibility criteria, create a profile and submit the EOI profile.
- Submit Application for Provincial Nomination: Submit the complete application for provincial nomination to PEI PNP.
- Apply for Canadian Permanent Residence: Apply for Canadian Permanent Residence with IRCC.
- Landing in PEI: Land in PEI and report to the Office of Immigration within 30 days.