Eligibility Requirements for PEI PNP Occupations in Demand Stream
- Age: You should be between 18 and 59 years.
- Experience: You should have a minimum 1-year of experience in the occupation related to your PEI job offer.
- Education: You should have completed a Canadian high school diploma (secondary school) or some other education equal to it.
- Language Proficiency: You should prove your language proficiency in French or English. It is possible to take the approved language tests and submit the results, which should be equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark of Level 4 (CLB 4).
- Intention to Reside: You should demonstrate your intention to live in the province of Prince Edward Island.
- Financial Resources: You should submit proof of all your financial resources so that you can pay for your immigration and other expenses related to settling in the province.
|Expression of Interest (EOI) profile
|Application fee (non-refundable)
Note: The application fee is only required when you get selected by the PEI for applying for nomination. This fee will be paid when the Workforce Application Form is submitted.
In-demand Occupations in PEI
Applicants should have a job offer in any one of the following in-demand occupations to apply in the PEI Occupations In-Demand stream:
|Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
|Transport truck drivers
|Construction trades helpers and labourers
|Light duty cleaners
|Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
|Process control and machine operators’ food and beverage processing
|Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
Application Process for PEI PNP Occupations In-Demand Stream
You should follow the below steps for applying under The Prince Edward Province (PEI) Occupations In-Demand stream:
- Create and Submit Your Profile: Create and submit your profile under the system of the Prince Edward Island Expression of Interest (PEI EOI). The validity of these profiles is 6 months only (maximum).
- Selection and Application: If you are selected from the PEI EOI system, then you will be contacted directly to submit an official application for provincial nomination by Prince Edward Province (PEI).
- Apply for Permanent Residency: If your provincial nomination gets approved, then you should apply to the federal government for permanent Canadian residency.
Note: While you wait for permanent Canadian residency, you can be eligible to acquire a work permit letter, which will allow you to start working in the province.