Canada is known for welcoming foreign nationals as the nation relies on the fact that they contribute to the economy of Canada. Every year the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) sets a goal for admitting permanent residents in the nation.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Background
One way through which IRCC aims to increase the target for the permanent residents is via the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is for those individuals whose education, skills, and work experience contribute to the economy of a particular territory or province. This program is for those individuals who want to reside in that specific province and are willing to obtain their Canada PR.
Every province or territory has its immigration programs that target certain groups depending on their specific requirements. Provinces and territories may target entrepreneurs, students, skilled and semi-skilled workers depending on the particular needs of the region.
Understanding the application option for PNP
It depends on which PNP you are willing to apply. One might apply for PNP through the paper-based process or online process through Express Entry. A part of the process includes that the candidate should pass the medical examination and should receive a police clearance certificate. Whichever province or territory you choose, it is mandatory to go through these checks.
- Under a non-Express Entry stream, one may apply for a nomination to a particular province or territory.
- One must qualify all the eligibility criteria of that province, which nominates you.
- Once you receive a nomination, you have to submit the permanent resident paper application to the IRCC.
- It is mandatory to clear medical examination as well as provide a police clearance certificate
- The processing time for paper-based application is longer as compared to the Express Entry process.
Express Entry Process
The umbrella of online Express Entry is of two types:
- One may apply for the provincial nomination where you are eligible and submit the application for Canada PR under the Express Entry process.
- If your application is successful and the province or territory grants you nomination, one needs to build up an Express Entry profile (or update the existing profile if you have already created one) and display that you have received a nomination.
- One may create the profile for Express Entry and list the province/territory which interests you.
- If you receive “Notification of Interest” from the province/territory, you can contact them directly.
- Then you can apply for their Express Entry linked provincial nominee program:
- If the province nominates you, it will offer the nomination through your account, and you can agree with the application electronically.
For both the processes:
- One must fulfil the eligibility criteria for the territory/province.
- One should be eligible for one of the federal economic immigration program and need to submit the Express Entry profile.
- If you receive the invitation to apply, you can electronically apply to IRCC.
For applying through Express Entry, one must receive a nomination from the province/territory. One must be aware of the instructions on each province/territory’s PNP. In all, there are 13 different PNPs for provinces, namely Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Yukon. The eligibility criteria for each province/territory is different and can change without any prior notice.
Any secure Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) option?
One who wants to immigrate to Canada should be aware of the fact that the nation comprises of different territories and provinces (as per the list mentioned above). Each province/territory have their characteristics, industry and sectors, work requirements and laws. Often prospective candidates wonder which PNP is easy to crack? Note that every PNP program has different eligibility criteria and caters to different target groups. So, it is essential to understand where you would fit best in terms of job opportunity, occupation and other adaptability factors.
The majority of the provincial nominee programs need a genuine job offer from an employer in that particular province or territory, who should be willing to support the candidate’s application for Canada PR. A few PNP programs base themselves on in-demand occupations or expressions of interest. While a few other PNP programs issue notification of interest to suitable candidates in the Express Entry pool, which are in shortage in their respective regions.
Canada Immigration Consultants Helping for Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
There are more than 50 provincial nominee programs with their eligibility criteria and procedures; one must take the help of Canada immigration consultant who can help you with shortlisting the best-suited program and the complicated application process. Also, immigration policies and programs are changed or updated, keeping in mind the current industry needs and requirements. Any slightest of error in the application process or interpretation of immigration policies might become the reason for rejection. To get the best advice on your immigration pathway, you may stay in touch with an expert immigration consultant in Canada.
FAQ’s – Provincial Nominee Program (PNP
- Do I qualify for PNP?– As mentioned above, every PNP works differently depending on the province. To check the criteria and eligibility requirements for all provincial nominee program, you can contact the expert Canada immigration consultant at Elaar immigration.
- How does the PNP application work?– Few provinces send an invite to qualified candidates all the time. It means if you receive the invite from one of those provinces, you are eligible for the PNP nomination and can submit the documents once you are ready. Whereas, other provinces work on the system of first come first serve. Here, the provinces keep the program closed for the majority of the year and opens only for a short window of time where the provinces accept several hundred applications. Some other PNPs invite foreigners to submit their nomination application, either by selecting applicants directly from the Express Entry pool or by having candidates interested to file a formal Expression of Interest. Of so many variations, the PNP process might sound complicated, and the candidates might face refusal if the applications are not complete or incorrectly submitted. Candidates should ensure that the submitted form has been through the proper path and is submitted correctly.
- Am I eligible for PNP? – Depending on every province, the eligibility criteria varies. Economic immigration strategy comprises the PNPs, and hence they are usually structured depending on the fact that they attract skilled labourers or workers who can immediately contribute to the nation’s economy and who have high chances to stay in that particular province. Due to this, some PNPs favour immigrants having an occupation in a specific sector, which is in-demand for that specific province. Few other PNPs choose immigrants who have their relatives in that particular province, which would increase their chance of remaining in that province because of the existence of the relatives.
Elaar immigration can assist you not only with the best immigration solution based on your unique situation, but they can also hold your hand throughout the entire process until you meet your objective of gaining Canada PR.