Alberta Provincial Nominee Program

Mountains, prairies and Alberta community.


International students can help stretch their budgets and make their education possible by working during and after their study period. There are five different types of work permits that related to a study permit. Each has its own distinct rules and requirements and we can help you determine which is right for you and/or your family (as is the case with the dependent work permit). This work option helps students gain valuable work experience in Canada which may be beneficial later.

The On-Campus option allows you work on your school’s campus for up to 20 hours a week. You will need to apply for a Social Insurance Number.

The Off-Campus choice allows for part-time work (20 hours a week) off campus during school semesters and full-time (37.5 hours a week) between semesters.

A Co-op/Internship option allows work only as an intern or co-op student as part of the course curriculum.

Post-Graduate Work Permits allow for full-time work for the same duration as the degree or diploma program you completed once you have graduated. This work may help towards an application for permanent residency.

The dependent Work Permit allows a spouse to receive an open work permit if they accompany you during your studies.

Not sure which option applies to you? Ask use for help and we can make your dreams of studying in Canada come true.